How to Create a FSA ID
How to Create a Federal Student Aid ID
What is a Federal Student Aid ID?
The FSA ID – a username and password – has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. When you type in your FSA ID at these sights, you are saying either “Yes. It’s really me – please show me the personal information about me on this site” or please accept my FSA ID as my signature on this online form.”
What are some of the uses for my FSA ID?
UA Cossatot prefers for students to apply for financial aid electronically, rather than filling out the paper FAFSA. With an FSA ID you can:
-sign in to your online FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
-review what federal student aid you have received in the past by visiting the National Student Loan Data System at www.nslds.ed.gov
-sign federal loan contracts online
-find out whether your FAFSA has been processed at www.fafsa.gov
-correct information you reported on your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
How do I apply for an FSA ID?
1. When logging in to one of the websites listed above, click the link to create an FSA ID.
2. Create a username and password, and enter your email address.
3. Enter your name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
4. If you have a Federal Student Aid PIN, you will be able to enter it and link it to your FSA ID. You can still create an FSA ID if you have forgotten or do not have a PIN.
5. Review your information, and read and accept the terms and conditions.
6. Confirm your e-mail address using the secure code, which will be sent to the e-mail address you entered when you created your FSA ID. Once you verify your e-mail address, you can use it instead of your username to log into the websites.
The good news is that you can use this FSA ID for years to come. Whether you use it just during your studies at UA Cossatot or continue to use it long after leaving UAC, the ID remains the same.
For additional information, visit www.StudentAid.gov/fsaid.