YouthBuild is a career and technical skills leadership program for youth age 16-24, who have dropped out of school. Our program provides training for the construction trades and certified nursing assistance to take the certification exam. The participants will also learn leadership skills and volunteer in the community.
- must be 16-24 years of age
- live in the UA Cossatot service area (Sevier County, Little River County, and Howard County)
- must be at least one of the following: low income, school dropout, youth in foster care, youth offender, child of incarcerated parent, adult offender, migrant youth, and individual with a documented disability
- determination to positively change your life
Take Advantage of the Opportunities!
- Students may earn stipends while they learn in the classroom and at the work site. Students may earn $200 per week for 6-months.
- Our students gain educational skills, obtain their GED, achieve OSHA 10 and NCCER, and develop employment opportunities.
- They will also earn a Pre-Apprenticeship Certification in construction.
- Students wishing to complete the nursing assistant training course will be eligible to take the certification exam to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA).
Check out what it is to be part of our program!
Disclaimer: This page was created and edited from information borrowed from the NorthShore Technical Community College YouthBuild Program.