Where to Give
Where to Give:
Your gift to UA Cossatot Foundation will secure the necessary funds that will give students the opportunity to complete their degrees and experience a brighter future. When you contribute to specific areas, you are demonstrating your commitment to education and also investing in the current and future students of UA Cossatot. Check out different areas that you can contribute to below!
Gifts towards general institutional support are unrestricted dollars that can be used on priority, unmet college needs as determined by the college.
UA Cossatot depends on personal, foundation and corporate gifts to maintain a healthy budget and a strong future. Gifts from alumni, parents and friends of the college maintain the Annual Fund, enabling UA Cossatot to keep its commitment to excellence in education.
Your generous gifts towards the General Annual Fund may allow for:
- paid travel to send students to regional and national conferences,
- assistance to cover fees associated with professional licenses and technical certifications,
- equipment and resources to enhance any of our 30 academic programs,
- campus and facility improvements,
- faculty and staff professional development and membership to local community organizations/clubs.
As educational costs are many times a barrier to higher education, scholarships continue to be a great way to invest in UA Cossatot while impacting the lives of students. Named scholarships can honor an individual, create a corporate presence, and acknowledge the accomplishments and needs of UAC’s students. Scholarships can be established through an endowment or can be funded annually.
Please contact Madelyn Jones, UAC Foundation Director, at email@example.com or 870-584-1172 if you are interested in contributing to our General Scholarship Fund, donating to a current scholarship, or creating a new scholarship fund.
Contributing to our athletic program makes an impact on UA Cossatot as a whole and to each student-athlete experience. Here at UA Cossatot, we have 60 student-athletes across three sports – Basketball, Soccer, and Shooting Sports. In 2023, of those 60 student-athletes, 35 were supported by athletic scholarships. In addition to athletic scholarships, your generous gifts will help to provide essential team equipment and upgrade current and build new athletic facilities that will help our athletes succeed and thrive.
Community support and donors like yourself who can help us continue to build a quality, reputable athletic program that will enhance the experience for current student-athletes and attract future student-athletes for years to come.
The Student Emergency Fund will provide financial assistance to students who are unable to meet basic needs due to an emergency. The fund provides short-term financial help and does not replace or supplement financial aid. The purpose is to support students’ ability to stay enrolled in courses at UA Cossatot and complete their education. This fund will be an option for students when other campus and community resources are not available or accessible. The Student Emergency Fund will be available to students as long as funds are available and will be strictly funded by private donations through the UA Cossatot Foundation.
What Can This Fund Cover:
The Student Emergency Fund covers short-term, unanticipated emergencies. Emergencies are defined as urgent, unforeseen, and non-recurring. Examples of emergency situations may include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of job, related to company layoff or mass termination (voluntary resignation or termination due to behavior or work disruptions may not qualify)
- Change in self/family income (e.g., reduction in work hours – must be prompted by the employer)
- Emergency car repairs
- Gas Card or Food Vouchers
- Technology Disruption (hardware, Software, Internet) – For online students only
- Housing needs (Loss of housing, Utilities, Repairs)
- Safety-related needs (e.g. changing a lock)
- Unexpected medical expenses
- Emergency travel expenses (e.g., due to health / death of family members)
- Replacement of essential items due to fire, natural disaster, or theft (e.g., eyeglasses, clothing, etc.)
What Does This Fund NOT Cover:
- Normal or anticipated academic expenses, such as tuition and fees
- Normal or anticipated expenses (e.g., automobile payments or insurance premiums, routine car maintenance, household or furniture costs, or credit card payments)
- Non-essential utilities (e.g., cable)
- Child care
- Penalties, fines, tickets, legal fees, or jail bonds
- Medical expenses for non-dependents or friends
- Computer or technology replacement due to negligence
- Lost IDs or meal cards
- Non-essential utilities, household or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, or non-emergency travel
- Replacement of non-essential personal items due to fire, flood, theft or natural disaster
Once the Student Emergency Fund reaches $2,000, applications will be open and available.
UA Cossatot has been awarded a $150,000 matching grant for scholarships, and your donation will be matched dollar for dollar up to the awarded amount for an endowment of $300,000 or more by 2025!
We want to invite all donors, alums, and friends of the college to donate any amount to the 50 & Forward Campaign.
There are many ways in which donors can be an important part of the UAC Foundation Legacy 2020 Campaign. Contributions will fund new capital construction projects as well as renovate and sanction critical maintenance of our existing infrastructures. Donors will also be recognized for their generosity in perpetuity.
UA Cossatot is helping shape our local economy through education. It is an exciting time at the College as our graduation rates continue to rise (currently at a top-tier 37%), our credentials awarded per student are at a record high (currently at a top-tier 89%), and we currently spend on average $800 more per student on academics than any other peer college, all while operating on the third smallest budget in Arkansas.
Part of our continued success hinges on facilities that students see as being top-notch. We have proof that students who enjoy and appreciate their surroundings perform better and that is why we are asking for your support of UA Cossatot’s Legacy 2020 campaign. This capital fund raising campaign is designed to fund new capital construction projects as well as renovate and sanction critical maintenance of our existing infrastructures.
Since 1975, we have been fulfilling an educational promise to the community. Our mission is still focused on providing outstanding service and a quality education for our students. Through quality instruction and services, technology, work force development, and community partnerships, the college provides lifelong learning opportunities to individuals, communities, and organizations. Student success is our number one priority and the whole team is committed to graduating every student. We feel that we have made great strides in making UA Cossatot one of the best two-year colleges in Arkansas, a college that is an economic engine for our community and a hometown source for a great education.
Please support our Legacy 2020 campaign and help us keep growing for our community.
Dr. Steve Cole
Several naming opportunities are available for the newly renovated Middle School on the Lockesburg Campus. Rooms, the exterior building, and brick pavers are great options to leave a heritage for generations to come. Additionally, 20% of all revenue from the Blue Darter Heritage Campaign will fund scholarships for students residing in the 71846 zip code.