The UA Cossatot Continuing Education Services department is committed to providing the highest quality education and training available to help you reach your full potential. Whether you are just starting in the workplace, enhancing your current career, working to meet licensure/certification requirements, or just wanting to pick up a new hobby, UA Cossatot is here to help.
Click the links below to explore our Career Training Programs, EducationToGo Online Instruction Center, or the current Continuing Education Schedule.
Career Training Programs
Qualifying students may attend career training programs for free or at a reduced cost with financial aid. To learn more, contact Continuing Education Services at ContinuingEducation@cccua.edu or call (870) 584-1178.
This four-week program, co-designed with industry partners, provides participants with an opportunity to embark on a meaningful and rewarding career in the telecommunications construction industry. Classroom and hands-on field experiences equip students with the knowledge, skills and abilities employers seek when hiring an aerial lineman to install, maintain, and repair telecommunications infrastructure.
- Training, funded by the Office of Skills Development, is offered at no cost to students.
- Graduates are equipped with over $2,000.00 of equipment including climbing gear, personal protective equipment and more to begin their career.
- Job placement assistance is made available to graduates by UA Cossatot’s Office of Workforce Development.
(Pictured: Two of our recent grads - Matt Hibberd & Zach Wood, along with instructor Dennis Davis)
Commercial Truck Driving (Arkansas Trucking Academy)
UA Cossatot is an Arkansas Trucking Academy (ArkTA) training location. You can be licensed and ready to start an exciting new career as a commercial truck driver through 160 hours of combined virtual/simulation instruction, traditional classroom, and practical over-the-road instruction.
Forklift Operator and Safety
Offered on demand, this 4-hour high-impact training program is designed to help new and experienced operators fulfill the classroom and practical OSHA forklift training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.178(I). It covers topics critical to avoiding accidents and injuries, including general safety, pre-operation, operation, load handling, fuel/battery maintenance, and specialized units. Call (870) 584-1101 today for more information. Also, ask how you may take this course for free.
Small Business Classes
If you own a business in Sevier County, you can apply to take the online courses listed on the first page of the application for free. There are three start dates available. If you have a small business and are interested, please fill out the application below and return it to continuing education.
EducationToGo Online Instruction Center
Flexibility is an essential part of personal and professional development. Our catalog of EducationToGo courses offers over 750 online continuing education courses you can register for and take entirely over the Internet --- enabling you to learn anytime, anywhere. As a result, gaining the skills needed to start or advance your career, build your own business, or pursue a new hobby is more accessible and affordable than ever.
- 350+ courses to choose from
- 24/7 Access – anytime, anywhere!
- Flexible monthly start dates
- Courses available in an instructor-facilitated six-week format and as three-month self-paced tutorials
- Flexible pace
Ed2Go online courses are informative, fun, convenient, and highly interactive. Instructors focus on creating a warm, supportive community for learners. New course sessions begin monthly. Visit our Ed2Go online catalog to view course topics, start dates, and more! www.ed2go.com/cccua
- Continuing Education Online Registration Form: Register online for Continuing Education courses using this form. Students are advised
to register for their desired courses as soon as possible. A printable, PDF version
of this form can be found here: Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF file).
NOTE: To register for Ed2Go courses delivered in partnership with Cengage Learning, please visit www.ed2go.com/cccua to select the desired
- Financial Aid Non-Credit Packet
- Financial aid sources are available to help students pay for non-credit career-focused
training. In addition, financial assistance may cover various education expenses such
as tuition, fees, books, supplies, and transportation. Email ContinuingEducation@cccua
or call (870) 584-1178 to learn more.
183 College Drive
De Queen, AR 71832
Continuing Education Services
183 College Drive
De Queen, AR 71832
- Financial aid sources are available to help students pay for non-credit career-focused training. In addition, financial assistance may cover various education expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, and transportation. Email ContinuingEducation@cccua or call (870) 584-1178 to learn more.