FAFSA Fridays Taking Place This Fall
October 07, 2019
FAFSA Fridays are a free service that UA Cossatot’s Financial Aid department provides to help UA Cossatot students complete the FAFSA. The college will be hosting FAFSA Fridays on five Fridays this fall semester at the UA Cossatot Ashdown, Nashville, and De Quen Campus.
FAFSA Fridays will take place on October 18, October 25, November 8, November 22, and December 13. Appointments must be made to meet with a Financial Aid Specialist. FAFSA Fridays will begin at 9:00 A.M. and end at 1:00 P.M.
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year became available on October 1, 2019. FAFSA Friday events allow current and future students the opportunity to complete the FAFSA with assistance from a UA Cossatot Financial Aid Specialist.
To make an appointment for a FAFSA Friday meeting at the Ashdown Campus, please contact Tiffany Maurer at 870-584-1127. Nashville Campus appointments for FAFSA Friday can be made by contacting Monica Clark at 870-584-1364. To make an appointment for FAFSA Friday at the De Queen Campus, please contact Denise Hammond at 870-584-1118.
Students and family members who attend a FAFSA Friday appointment must bring the following to complete financial aid applications:
- Student’s Social Security Number
- Student’s Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Student’s 2018 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned if applicable. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Student’s bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Student’s records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- Student’s FSA ID to sign electronically (can be created at appointment)
If the student is dependent, their parent will also need to complete a portion of the FAFSA with the above information. To make sure all applications are entirely completed, parents are encouraged to bring their documents as listed above to the FAFSA Friday appointment.