Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional aid programs designed to help eligible students pay for their educational expenses. The priority deadline date for completing the FAFSA application for fall enrollment is to be received by the Financial Aid Office on or before May 1and will be given first consideration for all federal assistance; April 1 for state assistance and foundation and institutional scholarships, for which the student is eligible. Applications received after April 1 will be accepted and evaluated as received and will be subject to the availability of funds. Assistance is offered in the form of the following:
- Grants, scholarships, waivers - generally do not have to be paid back
- Work-study - programs where students work on campus and earn money to help pay school expenses
In order to determine a student's need for financial aid, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) of attendance. The FAFSA worksheet, for the application, may be requested from the Financial Aid Office or you may start the application process over the Internet using FAFSA on the Web. Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Title IV School Code is 012432.
In order to receive financial aid the student must:
- have financial need
- have a high school diploma, GED
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate
- not be in default on a student loan or owe a Title IV refund or repayment
- have a valid Social Security Number
- make satisfactory academic progress
- register with the Selective Service, if required
Note: Remember policies and procedures governing financial aid programs and application filing dates at Cossatot Community College of the U of A are subject to change at any time without prior notification or publication due to changes in College, state, and/or federal guidelines and regulations.