Follow these steps to request academic accommodations:
1. Students must complete an Application for Disability Support Services available at any UAC campus or by clicking here and submit to Disability Support Services via fax (870) 898-4552, email email@example.com, or deliver to any UAC campus.
2. Students must meet with Disability Support Counselor for a documentation interview and review. The student’s self-report regarding how he or she may be “limited by impairment” serves as primary disability documentation. Disability Support Counselor’s observation and interaction with the student serves as secondary documentation. Tertiary documentation from external or third parties may be requested in some cases. This would include educational or medical records, reports and assessments created by health care providers, school psychologists, teachers, or the educational system.
3. Students must make an appointment with Disability Support Counselor to review documentation, discuss potential academic difficulties, and possible appropriate academic accommodations.
4. Accommodation Plans will automatically be renewed every consecutive semester that the student enrolls. Students should make an appointment with the Disability Support Counselor to enroll in courses and to review their Accommodation Plan to ensure it continues to meet their academic needs. A new Application for Disability Support Services must be completed upon re-enrollment if a student does not remain enrolled in consecutive semesters. A student may terminate their Accommodation Plan at any time by submitting a signed written request for termination of Disability Support Services to the Disability Support Counselor.
Suzanne Ward, Counselor
Disability Support Services
1411 N. Constitution Ave, Ashdown, AR 71822
183 College Drive, DeQueen, AR 71832
1558 Hwy 371 W, Nashville, AR 71852
Phone: (800) 844-4471 Ext. 5261
Fax: (870) 898-4552
- Disability Support Services Home
- Requesting Academic Accommodations
- Common Accommodations
- Grievance Procedures