It is the belief of Disability Support Services, as it is UAC, that most problems can best be resolved with personal discussion. If a student with a current accommodation plan finds it necessary to file a formal complaint regarding the denial of an accommodation or the way in which an accommodation is provided they should follow the Disability Support Services formal grievance process.
1. Student must schedule an appointment with the Disability Support Services Counselor to discuss the complaint. The student must provide details on the grounds for the complaint, the sought remedy, and justification of the sought remedy based on valid and current documentation of disability. The Disability Support Services Counselor has five (5) working days to review documentation, investigate, and respond to the student.
2. If unsatisfied with the decision of the Disability Support Counselor, the student may present the complaint to the Director of Student Services in written form which must include: details of the accommodation issue, sought remedy for the issue, and justification of sought remedy. The Director of Student Services has five (5) working days to review the written complaint, investigate, and respond in written form.
3. If unsatisfied with the decision of the Director of Student Services, the student may appeal within five (5) working days to the Vice Chancellor/Academic Dean who must respond in writing within five (5) working days.
4. If unsatisfied with the decision of the Vice Chancellor/Academic Dean, the student may appeal within five (5) working days to the Chancellor who will hear the complaint and render a decision within ten (10) working days. The decision of the Chancellor will be final.
Suzanne Ward, Counselor
Disability Support Services
1411 N. Constitution Ave, Ashdown, AR 71822
183 College Drive, DeQueen, AR 71832
1558 Hwy 371 W, Nashville, AR 71852
Phone: (800) 844-4471 Ext. 5261
Fax: (870) 898-4552
- Disability Support Services Home
- Requesting Academic Accommodations
- Common Accommodations
- Grievance Procedures